Tuesday 17 January 2012

Visit to the Lake District - Grassmere (non theme)

Popped over to Grassmere in the Lake District this weekend, most of it was spent keeping warm in lovely little pubs, drinking wine and eating crisp however I did manage to get some pictures.

The images below were all taken using a large F stop of approx F/22 to F/29 to capture a wider depth of field.  A tripod was used on all of them to avoid camera shake and the images have been edited in CS5 to enhance the colours.








Some would say landscapes are easy subjects as the landscape is simply sitting there waiting to be photographed.  I personallyy think that this then presents the bigger challenge of capturing the landscape from an angle that hasn't been captured a thousand times already.

AND In no way am I saying that I have done this here, or that I am an expert photographer who can simply brush off landscape photography as easy as I don't think that at all.  I'm just sharing my thoughts after a friend of mine said "landscapes are easy, anybody can take those kind of pictures".

Made me laugh, bearing in mind this friend knows nothing about Apertures, ISO, Shutter, and doesn't even own a camera!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, love your photography, impressive. Some of the best shots I've seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete