Wednesday 18 January 2012

Nicole Mlakar-Livinstone

I've been looking at the images I have taken for my second theme which doesnt have a name yet but is based around people and their pets and the idea is to capture the emotion/bond/love between them.

One thing I have noticed immediately is that on each session I have been shooting the same images,  i.e. angles, frame, face on,legs only etc,  just different people/dogs.

With this in mind I still have time to for a few more sessions and before I do them decided to do some more research into others work.

In doing so I came accross a lady called Nicole Mlakar-Livinstone and here's what I found:

About Nicole


Nicole is a lifestyle and pet photographer in Austin, Texas. Her work has been featured in Austin Monthly, Texas Highways, Haute Dog Magazine , Austin Pets Directory, Rare Magazine and in a book titled "Barbecue Road Trip" by Voyageur Press.


Nicole is an award winning photographer, who was voted Austin's "Most Awesom-ist" Pet Photographer in 2009 and 2010 by Austin Pet Directory's reader poll. She also contributes to local non-profit pet organizations and rescue groups through financial donations and donations of her time and talent. Nicole provides photographic portraits for the Central Texas SPCA adoptable pets in an effort to give every pet an even greater chance of finding their forever home. Nicole was in turn, honored by the Central Texas SPCA as their 2009 Animal Advocate of the Year.

Looking through some of Nicole's images you can see that she has shot the subjects from various angles and doesn't always show the persons face by only showing the hands, body etc. 

I really like images 1-4 and especially love the expression on the dogs face in image number 2.  I think images 8 & 9 are very sweet and do capture the bond between the pet/owner.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

No comments:

Post a Comment