Wednesday 4 January 2012

Theme 2, Portraits, People and their Pets.

For my second theme I have chosen People and their Pets and specifically People and their Dogs.


I'd taken some photographs of my neice and nephew a few weeks back who at the time were playing with the familly dog.  One thing I noticed instantly was then when the dog was involved the whole process of taking a photograph became fun for the subjects.


Before having the dog in the shot I found that my neice and nephew were acting all shy and not wanting to smile or have their photo taken.  However, once the dog was in on the act they started to act all silly and laughing and appear to have completely forgotten that I was taking their pictures.


Having tried to photograph people in the past I found this quite a challenge.  As the subject is very aware that they are having their photograph taken I find they immediately start to pull funny faces, breathing in and pouting their lips.


With the above in mind I decided I would focus the theme on People and their dogs, I have a few friends that have dogs and would be more than happy for me to use them as subjects for my final portfolio.


I'm hoping in my final images that I will be able to capture the strong bond that my friends and family have with their pets along with the fun they have together.


I have arranged to go out walking with my partners Mum and her dog Bailey on Saturday (7th Jan) where we will go along the Penine Trail which we can get onto five minutes from where they live.  This is their usually walking place so it will be good to capture them in their usual surroundings. 

I have checked the weather (see below) which looks set to be dry with some sunshine which will be great as I intend to use a fast shutter in order to freeze the subject and avoid any blur in the movement.


  • Saturday 7th January 2011

    9°C 48°F 4°C 39°F 21km/h 13mph West North Westerly

  • Humidity: 73%
    Visibility: Very Good
    Pressure: 1025 mb

    No comments:

    Post a Comment