Sunday 13 November 2011

Week 6 (homework)

Homework this week was "Where I Live" so I have taken some shots from my flat and have tried to be a little creative.




Candles - With winter comes the dark nights and candles where I live.  I placed a black wooden table, behind the table I have the candles on to create the dark surroundings.  I hoped that this would highlight the flames and the glass holders in the way that they look in the dark.  I have used a small aperture and manual focus for these shots to create a shallow depth of field to achieve a blurred effect in the background.


F/4ISO 200, S 1/160

F/4.5ISO 200, S 1/50

Salt & Pepper - Using the same dark background to simply capture the subject these shots also captured the shadows on the chrome. Again I have used a small aperture and manual focus here to show a narrow depth of field.


F/5.6ISO 200, S 1.0

F/ 5.6ISO 200, S 0.6

Mam's back garden - When not at home I spend a lot of time at my mams house which is my second home, not only for me but for my brothers and sisters who are always there with their children.  I decided to take a few shots of the children and have added vignettes using black and white to show the different impacts these can have.  In addition to the vignettes I have changed the shots to B&W in lighroom and altered the tones.

F/5.6ISO200, S1/200

F/5.6ISO 200, S1/250

Shutter Priority used for these two pictures as my nephew does not keep still.

 S 1/160ISO 400, F/5.6

S 1/6ISO 400, F/5.6

No comments:

Post a Comment