Sunday 16 October 2011

Rule of Thirds

Reading through the coursework from Dave and looking at the Rule of Thirds I have looked at a quite a few of my old pictures to see if I have used this rule without being aware.

I have found images that do follow this rule but I can honestly say it wasnt intentional, likewise I have also found a images where the rule doesnt apply.

These example below show where the rule does apply, these are images taken before starting the course where I have used the auto setting.




Here are some examples where the rule doesn't apply, and then where using the crop tool in photoshop to apply the rule.

 
This is me so clearly I never shot the image but thought this was good example to show how the rule can work.





This is something I will start to think about more when taking a shot to ensure I use the frame as best i can.
However it can be difficult if shooting a subject far away, in this case I would take the shot and then crop it accordingly

No comments:

Post a Comment